- The holidays are approaching and it’s time to pick the perfect gift for your loved ones
- Now more than ever, it’s important to give the gift of wellness
- We’ve hand-selected items in the 2020 Swell Score holiday wellness gift guide just for you
The holidays are fast approaching — and with the COVID-19 pandemic well underway — it might have snuck up on you. If you’re last-minute shopping for your loved ones, friends or even your colleagues, you can never go wrong with the gift of wellness. To help you find the perfect present, we’ve hand-selected items in the 2020 Swell Score holiday wellness gift guide, below.
Use The Swell Score 2020 holiday gift guide
1. The hug of a weighted blanket
Weighted blankets are all the rage — and for good reason. The use of weighted blankets has been shown to have many benefits: it can enhance oxytocin, release dopamine and serotonin, reduce cortisol, boosts melatonin, can reduce anxiety, enhances calmness and more.
2. Want to help your loved one get back on track? Start with gut health
If you ask us, there is no greater gift than the gift of health. Promote gut health with The Plant Fed Gut Online Course led by the award-winning gastroenterologist and New York Times best-selling author of Fiber Fueled, Dr. Will Bulsciewicz.
The 7-week course will help your loved one learn to heal their gut, optimize their microbiome and reverse dysbiosis.
3. Give the gift of an easy, delicious and healthy meal with a delivery service
Everyone loves a great meal — and you can easily gift a healthy, delicious one. What we put in our bodies matters, especially when it comes to food. Without it, we can’t get the proper nutrients and energy we need to function best.
We recommend Nutrition for Longevity’s Farm to Fork clean food delivery service. They deliver healthy, clean weekly meals, grown right at their regenerative farms: a healthy, clean and nutritious gift that you’re loved one will be sure to love.
4. Chill out — literally
Chill out — in an ice bath, that is. There have been many potential benefits shown to ice baths including relieving sore muscles, limits inflammatory response and can help your central nervous system. We recommend this portable, easy-to-use ice bath.
5. Say ‘Olive You’ with an olive oil subscription
A gift that keeps on giving: an olive oil subscription. Olive oil is loaded with antioxidants, which can help fight off chronic disease, and has strong anti-inflammatory properties. Not to mention, it’s delicious and versatile.
We recommend Fresh-Pressed Olive Oil’s subscription service, which is delivered to you, straight from the harvest. This creates the freshest, most flavorful artisanal olive oil you’ve ever tasted.
6. Help your loved one track their health and fitness with a FitBit
If you really want to give the gift of health and wellness, splurge on a FitBit. The company, which has several products made to help track your health and fitness, is easy-to-use and versatile. No matter which product you think would be helpful to your loved one, they have an option for everyone, at every price point.
Just like everyone at The Swell Score, the FitBit team is dedicated to helping transform people’s lives through health and wellness.
7. Nothing says Happy Holidays like a deep tissue massage
The perfect gift for someone who is suffering from sore and tired muscles: a deep tissue massager gun. Sometimes, giving someone something they actually need is better than anything else. We like this portable option, to take anywhere, and use on-the-go.
8. The gift of great sleep? Priceless
If you know someone struggling to sleep these days, help them out with a few different gifts geared toward great sleep:
- Give the Perfect Sleep Pad cooling or heating pad — aimed at helping to fall into a deeper, more restful sleep. And it comes in every mattress size: single, queen and double.
- The Sleep Fix Cognitive Therapy Course: This powerful, easy 8-session course is aimed at getting you back to the pleasure of sleeping soundly in just a few short weeks. Let’s fix your sleep and help you Sleep Well-Rested. Dr. Michael Grandnew Ph.D., the Professor of Psychiatry and Director of Sleep and Health Research at the University of Arizona, guides you through the course to achieve better overall health, improved productivity and a better quality of life.
9. Do you have a matcha lover in your life? This is the perfect gift
If you have a matcha lover in your life, this is truly the perfect gift: a Bodum milk frother. Matcha tea is great for you — it’s loaded with catechins and antioxidants, it may help protect the liver, boosts brain function, may help prevent cancer and may also boost heart health — and it’s delicious.
Perfect your loved one’s cup of matcha and help their health, too.
10. Give the gift of oral health and hygiene
Oral health and hygiene are important — and a great, healthy gift to give. Help your loved one put an end to cavities, fillings, sensitivity, and never-ending gum problems with Dr. Ellie’s Oral Health Bootcamp. With over 40 years of experience in dental health, Dr. Ellie is a great resource and guide in stopping, reversing and preventing oral health problems.
11. Give the gift of wellness — directly from us
This year, more than ever, giving the gift of wellness is not only important but easy. Right now, you can do so with The Swell Score’s Holiday Wellness Bundle.
We hope this holiday wellness gift guide inspires you to try some new and exciting ways to share your holiday love with those you care for and maybe try a few new ways to stay healthy for yourself!