Thorne Methyl-Guard Plus
Please note: Thorne charges a flat $5 fulfillment fee on ALL Thorne orders, despite the size of your order.
Various conditions and stressors can have an adverse impact on the body’s methylation cycle. Nutrient deficiencies, environmental exposures, and other aspects of a modern lifestyle can cause inefficient methylation. In addition, approximately 60 percent of U.S. adults have a genetic variation that makes it difficult for their methylation cycle to function optimally.
Thorne’s Methyl-Guard Plus features betaine (trimethylgycine), methylated vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) and folate (5-MTHF), as well as the active forms of vitamins B2 and B6, for providing efficient nutritional support for the body’s methylation challenges.*
Benefits of Thorne’s Methyl-Guard Plus:
- Nutritional support for individuals who have MTHFR gene mutations*
- Enhanced cellular energy production fights fatigue*
- Helps maintain a healthy homocysteine level in the blood, which supports cardiovascular, cognitive, and bone health*
- Promotes fat metabolism and lean body composition*
- Supports neurotransmitter production – natural chemicals that play an important role in nervous system functions, like attention, focus, mood, and sleep*
- Promotes liver detoxification of many substances, including hormones like estrogen*
Why is methylation important:
Methylation is a simple reaction where a small molecule known as a “methyl group” is transferred from one substance to another. Methylation significantly impacts many biochemical reactions in the body and plays a beneficial role in:
- Cardiovascular health
- Cellular energy production
- Fat metabolism
- Neurological function
- DNA production
- Liver detoxification processes
- Eye health
- Histamine balance
Who can benefit from Methyl-Guard Plus:
- Individuals with mutations to MTHFR and other genes that adversely affect methylation*
- Aging individuals wanting to support their cardiovascular, cognitive, and metabolic health*
- Women seeking support for estrogen metabolism and bone health*
- Individuals wanting nutritional support for fat metabolism and maintenance of a healthy body composition*
- Anyone with limited consumption of methylation-supportive foods like green leafy vegetables, legumes, and cruciferous vegetables
Features of Methyl-Guard Plus:
- Betaine, also known as trimethylglycine, is a superior methyl donor
- The methylated forms of vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) and folate (5-MTHF) benefit individuals with certain gene mutations*
- Active forms of vitamins B2 and B6 – key cofactors in methylation processes
- B vitamins in their active, tissue-ready forms means your body gets the greatest benefit with the least additional work*
- Robust methylation support in fewer capsules per day than Thorne’s original Methyl-Guard®
Take 1-3 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrently with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, 5-MTHF has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.