Thorne Basic Prenatal Multi-Vitamin
A gentle and effective daily multi-vitamin for women who are trying to conceive, are pregnant, or are nursing. A well-researched multi- formulated to nourish mom and support baby’s development, from pre-conception through nursing. It’s made without the additives and coatings found in mainstream prenatal supplements.
Thorne’s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind.*
Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother's health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.
Thorne’s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding.* Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.*
Benefits of Thorne’s Basic Prenatal at each stage:
- Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
- Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
- Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development.* Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
- Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit “morning sickness.”*
- Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman’s increased need for iron.
- Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.*
After Pregnancy through Nursing
- Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
Take 3 capsules daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
Three Capsules Contain:
Vitamin A (450 mcg from Beta Carotene and 600 mcg as Palmitate) 1.05 mg
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 150 mg.
Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,000 IU) 25 mcg.
Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) 33.5 mg.
Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1) 100 mcg.
Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 5 mg.
Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg.
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 30 mg.
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 12 mg.
Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate* from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 1 mg.
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 200 mcg.
Biotin 50 mcg.
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Panothenate) 18 mg.
Choline (as Choline Citrate) 110 mg
Calcium (90 mg as Calcium Citrate and 90 mg as Calcium Malate) 180 mg.
Iron (as Ferrochel® Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 45 mg.
Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg.
Magnesium (45 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 45 mg as Magnesium Malate) 90 mg.
Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)††† 25 mg.
Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 50 mcg.
Copper (as TRAACS® Copper Bisglycinate Chelate)††† 2 mg.
Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)††† 5 mg.
Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)††† 100 mcg.
Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)†††† 1 mg.
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Calcium Laurate.
- This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
- As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.
- Folinic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under six. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
- Vitamin C can cause diarrhea in some individuals in large doses, which can vary from person to person and resolves when the amount is reduced.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.